Whole Cell Crushed Flax
Whole cell crushed flax from Our Fathers Foods are crushed grains for the basics of life. Grown in the USA. One pound bag with no preservatives, non-GMO and chemical free for an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Flax is a very high-calorie food! This means flax is an excellent source of numerous health-benefitting nutrients, dietary fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins essential for optimum health.
- One of the top seeds that contain Omega-3's is flaxseed. Omega-3's give your body anti-inflammatory action, meaning they help to lower your risk of high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes, and breast, colon, and prostate cancers! Flax is one of the top plant sources of Omega-3 essential fatty acids as well, like linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, and arachidonic acid. It also is rich in monounsaturated acids like oleic acid. Regular intakes of flax in the diet helps to lower total cholesterol as well as LDL, or "bad cholesterol", and increase HDL, or "good cholesterol", levels in the blood. Research studies have shown the Mediterranean diet is rich in fiber, monounsatured fatty acids, and Omega-3 fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by giving you a healthy blood lipid profile.
- Flaxseed also contains lignans, a class of phytoestrogens considered to have antioxidant and cancer preventing properties. The phytoestrogens in flaxseeds have also been shown to reduce cholesterol levels (especially in menopausal women) and cool hot flashes.
- Flax is an excellent source of Vitamin E, containing about 133% of the daily recommended value. Vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting them from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Many important B-complex vitamins, such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates, are packed into flaxseed. Thiamin is an essential co-factor for carbohydrate metabolism and helps prevent beri-beri disease. Folates help prevent neural tube defects in the fetus when consumed during pre-conception period and pregnancy.
- Furthermore, flaxseed is a rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
Local pick up is available at the store, 115 E Lake St, Lakeview OH 43331, Tuesday - Saturday from 10am-6pm.